I was tagged by Yarn Therapy for the eight things meme. The rules are I have to supply 8 random interesting facts about myself and tag eight people.
1. I taught myself calligraphy when I was 13 years old. I used to write out the place cards for Bar Mitzvah's and weddings and get paid for it. In my early 20s I actually took a calligraphy class to sharpen my style. Since then I have been paid to address wedding invitaions. Now that so many people rely upon computer printing, I don't do it anymore. I can always tell the difference between hand written vs. computer printed scripts.
2. I have been collecting wine corks for years. I have a book on designing wreaths that had a cork wreath that I liked. I imagined having an amazing kitchen someday to hang it in--this was before I had my own place to live. I started collecting corks for it. They are all over my house, much to my husband's dismay. I probably have enough now, but lost the inspiration to make the wreath. Someday I'll do something with them!
3. I recently began to develop a taste for different wines, thanks in part to my friend Teresa. I really like Smoking Loon wines, especially their merlot. Then I got pregnant. I miss wine...
4. I love to read maps. I don't understand how some people are unable to read them. I find it fascinating to plot out new routes to places, find shortcuts, or to just figure out how to get somewhere. I go on Google Maps for fun sometimes.
5. When I travel, I like to have a car (rental usually) to explore my surroundings. I love driving in Florida because it is so flat and easy to figure out where to go. Their street/highway signs are so much better than here in Pennsylvania. When we were in Hawaii I drove from one side of the Big Island to the other, all with just a map. The only place that intimidates me from driving there is New York City. I'd rather walk when there!
6. I hate driving for really long distances at a time because I tend to get really sleepy. I can fall asleep in a car almost immediately if I'm the passenger. It is very relaxing.
7. I love when cosmetic companies offer a gift with purchase. I love make up in general, so tiny samples of it is fun!
8. I am hoping that my child will enjoy traveling as much as I want him to so that I can continue to see the world and introduce him to new places.
I'm not going to tag anyone, but if you answer this meme, let me know!