This first week of summer has been a whirlwind of activity. I haven't had time to post, but I keep thinking about what I want to share. Here is my week's wrap-up:
- Father's day was filled with fun. We had breakfast at a local restaurant where dads ate free. Andrew enjoyed a mouse shaped pancake. I grilled dinner and we had a nice dinner at home. I forget why we didn't eat outside...maybe because the weather continues to be annoying here. We had chicken marinated in Chiavetta's bbq, tomato salad with toasted French bread, and pasta with pesto.
- Monday started our summer music class schedule. We are in with a new teacher who I really like. The songs for the summer are great and the class is small, which is less overwhelming for Andrew.
- We had a super fun play date on Tuesday. The mommies ate baked brie and brownie pudding while the kiddos played. Andrew loves new toys. Of course he rarely plays with the toys here. Currently he is playing with a receipt. Seriously.
- Wednesday was Pop day and Andrew continues to ask where he is. (at his house? he asks.)
- Thursday we had another play date. Andrew's girlfriend and baby sister came for lunch and fun. They had a great time together. It's all fun and games until nap time, though! After nap, I took Andrew to get his second haircut. As much as I adore his blonde curls, it was getting unruly and it is summer. We went to Wiggle Worms, a kids place nearby. The hairdresser was great, considering Andrew was bashful and buried his head into me. He didn't want to sit in the car shaped chair, so he sat on my lap. He got a #4 clipper cut in the back and she shaped the top and sides with her magic scissors. It is short, but very cute. Before After
- Then, I found out Michael Jackson died and I immediately called my mom. How sad and crazy his life was. Back in 1984 my mom took my sister and I to his concert at JFK stadium (which no longer stands!) in Philadelphia. The show was rained out. We stood in the rain and waited to hear what was happening. They rescheduled the concert and we got to go back and see it. I don't remember it all that much, but somewhere I have the concert program, maybe in the attic. I loved his music in the 80s, but as he got weirder, I couldn't stand to see or hear him anymore. The news coverage is impressive...and thankfully there is less Jon/Kate news as a result.
- Today we visited my sister and her kids for a play date. Andrew adores his oldest cousin and cried out her name as we drove home because he missed her. He had lots of fun playing with new toys. We got home and watched Sesame Street because we were tired and it is really humid outside!
- I did finish the baby blanket I was working on for Andrew last weekend. I made him the pinwheel blanket using yarn I bought when I was in France five years ago. I like how it turned out and am waiting for personalized labels that I ordered from an Etsy shop to add to it. Andrew loves the "taggies" on his bas (blankets) so he needs a tag on this one. Here he is dancing around it.