Somehow another year has flown by and I still can't believe it isn't summer anymore, let alone December. Why does time seem to pass so quickly in this millennium? While there appears to be a bit of discussion as to what is the actual definition of "the decade" I took this week to reflect upon all of the changes, events and experiences I've had over the past ten years and discovered that quite a lot has happened in the past ten years! Here is my run down on the things that have shaped or contributed to my past ten years, in no particular order:
- bought our own home
- had Andrew/became parents
- discovered blogging
- my knitting group
- visiting France
- professional licensure finally passed in PA (for counselors)
- celebrated ten years of marriage
- our five nieces and nephews (and one on the way)
- my ipod
- paid off student loans and car loans!
- discovered tea shops and loose leaf teas
- made lots of new friends--online and in "real" life through knitting and motherhood
There were several major negative events that occurred in our life in the past ten years as well, but I'd prefer to not dwell on them and learn from them instead. I have learned to appreciate what I have more, live more in the moment, and accept that "it is what it is."
I am looking forward to the future, especially with Andrew around, as he keeps me in the moment and helps me discover that there can be pleasure in the littlest things.
Here's to 2010 and the next decade. May it be filled with fun adventures and health!
Happy New Year!!