This is a sponsored post and I received product samples to facilitate this review. Opinions expressed here are honest and original.
If your kid is like mine, he enjoys being silly and bouncing around. Last week when I received a cool new toy in the mail to review, my kiddo was delighted! He had a blast trying out the Wubble™ Bubble Ball. He had been wanting one ever since he saw a commercial for it on TV.
In the Box:
Our Wubble™ Bubble Ball came in a box with a battery operated pump, a nozzle, a nozzle guide, and inflation guide (to tell you how big you can inflate your Wubble) and of course a Wubble™ Bubble Ball! I needed to add 4 D-sized batteries to operate the pump. My son LOVED the pump. I’m not sure why, but he thought it was really cool. Also in the box was a really useful instruction sheet, a tips sheet and an envelope for the lifetime warranty.
The Wubble™ Bubble Ball is made out of a synthetic rubber that is free of PVC, Latex, BPA and Phthalates. It has an unusual feel to it, like it should feel sticky but it isn’t. I’m a tactile person, and I loved how squishy this ball feels! My son thought it felt awesome too.
How to Use:
We started out reading the instructions and the tips sheet. I made it clear to my son that the ball is delicate and can pop if misused. Inflation was relatively easy. The instructions were very clear. I did not have any problems getting the inflation nozzle into the ball, but I understand that applying a tiny bit of oil (olive, vegetable, etc.) will aid with inflation. There is also a cool YouTube video to help with inflation if needed. The inflation guide is like a long ribbon that attaches to the top of the ball and drapes down the side. Once the ball is filled to the maximum, the edge of the inflation guide should just start to lift off the ground. Under inflating the ball helps keep it stronger and thicker. My son was very concerned that the ball would pop while inflating, so we did not inflate it to the full 36 inches, and probably stopped at about 30 inches.
My son LOVED playing with his Wubble™ Bubble Ball! He bounced it, he squished it, we played catch with it, and he smashed his face into it! It is amazingly light weight and bounces very easily. It even blew away when it caught a breeze! (It didn’t go far!) And then it popped when my son caught it during catch. Since this is a review, I have to be honest. We were all very disappointed. The cool thing though is that the Wubble™ Bubble Ball has a warranty. For $6.99 to cover shipping, the company will replace your ball. I was lucky and was sent a second ball for the purpose of this review and I can say that so far the second Wubble™ has not popped despite being well loved. I think it is best to think of the Wubble™ Bubble Ball as a bubble that is a ball, not a ball that feels like a bubble, if that makes sense. It is fragile and delicate and needs to be treated with care. I taught my son to catch it with open hands, not with finger tips that could pinch a hole in the ball.
With that said, my son threw himself onto the ball and smashed it, but it did not pop! I asked my son what he would say about the Wubble™ Bubble Ball. He reported that it is an amazing toy that you have to be careful when playing. He loves it!
- Target selected the Wubble™ Bubble Ball as a 2014 Top Toy for the Holiday Season. It was listed among other popular toys and games that are sure to be on every holiday wish list.
- Wubble Bubble Ball is a Family Fun Toy Of The Year Award Winner. The 25 winners are featured in the November 2014 issue of Family Fun Magazine.
- Inspired by his children's wish for a real bubble to play with, NSI President Frank Landi developed the Wubble™ Bubble Ball to keep children's love for fun, active play alive.
- Wubble has won numerous toy awards, including an Oppenheim Toy Portfolio Best Toy Award, a National Parenting Center Seal of Approval, a Mr. Dad Approved Award, a Parent's Choice Award and the Dr. Toy Best 100 Picks Award and more!
- Wubble Ball is available at Target, Toys R Us and online at www.wubbleball.com. Wubble Ball is on Twitter (@WubbleBall) and Facebook (facebook.com/wubbleball).
- Wubble Ball's are not indestructible, but they have a lifetime replacement guarantee. It costs $6.99 to replace a Wubble under the guarantee.